Sep 24, 2008

October Nears!



Autumn is my favorite season, the leaves, pumpkins, crisp air, apples, and another perk is Halloween.
Halloween is such a magical day. From the decorations to costumes, candy to the cute cards, ! love it all!
I usually dress up as Snow White and hand out candy. I love the looks I get, it's either cool or what a crazy lady!
My favorite costume growing up was a fairy outfit that I made. Matt and I had just started dating, I rushed to Wal-Mart after school and got my fabric, pipe cleaners for wings, elastic, staples, and white tights.
I cut the fabric into strips, tucked and stapled it onto a belt. Shaped the pipe cleaners into wings and attached the elastic. Put on my tank top, tights, and new skirt and wings and whoa la! I was a really cute fairy!
Mom or myself normally made my costumes, it is so funny to look back. I think for 3 years in a row I was a hobo, I got hung up on him. I am sure Tiffany remembers him... she was always a cute princess or Barbie and here I was stuffing my dads clothes with pillows! Tiffany, thanks for still going trick or treating with me even if I did look really wierd and had some trouble getting in and out of the car!
Oh, fun times!
Tell me about your favorite costume growing up or a memorable Halloween.
And I will surprise my favorite story!

Happy Haunting!


Cat $30
Witch & Boo $25
(includes shirt)

3 comments:

tammyrncheermom said...

Hi Susan,
My favorite childhood memory of Halloween was when I was in third grade. At that time I lived in Cleveland,Ohio and when Halloween night came around I was sick! I was so disappointed that I couldn't go out trick or treating. Anyway, I was on my way to getting better and my dad loved taking me out on Halloween night so he decided that I could go to my aunts house only. Well, I had three or four costumes. So what I did was go up to her door in one, go back to the car change and go back to her door and we did this over and over until she finally asked me, "haven't you been here before"? When she said that I busted out giggling. It was so much different back then. Hope you enjoyed my story!

Unknown said...

I am like you, Susan. I can remember being a Hobo for many, many years. Oh the memories....

tiffany s said...

Oh my goodness, I remember you dressing up as a HOBO!!!! HaHaHa. You looked so cute and I think you had black freckles painted on your face.. am I right? Gosh, it's been SOOO long Susan!! I wish we could go back and start all over again, I had sooo much fun with you in the past!
Oh, I remember we rolled both of our yards haha. Didn't we get in trouble?!
There are so many great memories with you in the past! Sad to say that we are getting old :-( lol.