Jul 20, 2008

Expressive

I was completely honored when Keri Hertwig of Memories Bridal asked me to create something for Relay for Life. She sold these and I donated all proceeds to Relay. I wanted to make something personal for each person who was going to wear this. I did some research and found all the cancer colors. There are so many types of cancer, I could not use all the colors. I settled in and went to work... many, many hours later I had it. 11 colors representing Leukemia, Childhood Cancer, Ovarian Cervical, Lung, Brain, Breast, Bladder, Ovarian, Prostate, Renal/Kidney, and Pancreatic. Because breast cancer affects so many I placed pink at the top of the ribbon. As I was doing this I started to think about the people in my family who have been lost to cancer. My Grandfather died of Leukemia, my Uncle of Pancreatic Cancer, my grandmother of a Brain Tumor, and Great Aunts and cousins of Breast and Cervical Cancer.

They sparkle on my hat and I hope your family will sparkle on yours.

Thank you for allowing me to do this.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

oh my gosh I love this! This has got to be my favorite. I want you to make me something, I am just trying to think of what I want it on :).

Susan Burks said...

Hey! Thanks! I can place stones on lots of things... tote bags, shirts, or anything cloth.

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Such a wonderful design for a wonderful cause! xoxo

LeAnne Grissom said...

Hey, did ya get my message?